Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2014

My Top 10 Drugstore Products!

Hey guys, thanks for dropping by again! 
This time, it's all about drugstore products and which ones I can't really live without!

As some of you may know, I am quite fond of drugstore products. I always feel like people are so snobby about using drugstore makeup- sure there are some duds out there, but I've experienced some crappy high end products as well. I have found some gems at the drugstore and the ones I will be showing you are some of the best (in my opinion). I use a lot of these products in my professional kit (new ones obviously) because they are tried and true!

So let's have a look, shall we?




First up, is my beloved Fit Concealer from Maybelline. I use shade #15 which is the palest with a pinky undertone. This creamy, light weight formula is perfect for concealing and it's something I use everyday (when I wear makeup, of course). I highly recommend these!


2) Although The Rimmel Stay Matte foundation is fairly new to drugstores, I put this on my list because it captured by attention, in all the right ways. I have combo skin, which means I have an oily t-zone and some drier place around my face. This matte foundation delivers baby! It's a thicker cream like foundation that blends smoothly onto the skin, leaving a matte, perfected base. It's a medium coverage foundation, which means it conceals what needs to be concealed without looking like a mask. I make sure to properly prep my skin with moisturizer and then apply this baby one section at a time, buffing it into my skin for an airbrushed appearance. Well worth it if you suffer from an oily t-zone, because it stays put all day :)



3) This ELF complexion powder was discovered on my trip to the US last summer. I bought it, tried it on and haven't looked back since (and even bought a back up since I already hit pan!)
This powder is super smooth and doesn't cake up when you apply it to the face (multiple times a day). This powder slightly evens out my skin tone and sets my makeup perfectly, leaving me shine free for hours. The yellow and green powders counteract red in the skin and the blue and pink help to brighten :)

4) The rimmel scandaleyes waterproof 24/7 pencils are the bomb.com. No seriously! They are creamy at first but set fairly quickly for a smudge free mess. Totally in love and are $6-8 each! I love the price ;)
 


5) The wet'n'wild color icon palettes seriously pack a punch of PIGMENTATION! These eyeshadows are buttery smooth and come in a variety of different combos. I'm obsessed with these two; for a warmer toned eye, 'walking on eggshells' is perfect. For a cooler eye 'sweet as candy' takes the cake (haha!). These neutral shades are perfect for everyday and I could go on and on and on!



6) The Maybelline color tattoos are pretty awesome in my opinion :) Barely beige is the one I use on a regular bases. The stay on all day and don't crease and are perfect bases or great on their own. I will say that it dries out after 6 months, but that's about the time you should through it out anyways ;)




7) This physicians formula eye booster in ultra black is the best liquid liner I've used. It does the job perfectly and is beyond easy! I always suggest it to clients and friends because it works, and it works well :)



8) This brow pencil seriously deserves some recognition. It's from Essence, which means it's $1.99 I REPEAT $1.99!!!!! The color is perfect for my brows and it stays on all day without budging, so that's a plus. P.s it also comes with a little brow brush, which is essential when filling in your brows with a pencil ;)


9) The Maybelline One by One volume express mascara is seriously HOLY GRAIL. I've tried a LOT of mascara's and I keep going back to this one. Tried and true baby, 'nuff said.


10) The last two I've combined because I just couldn't decide... plus they're both lipsticks..so it's not cheating right? :)
The Milani color statement lipsticks are uber creamy and long lasting, smell like watermelon candy and come in an assortment of beautiful shades.
The Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipsticks are oh so gorgeous and super beautiful on the lips.
You MUST try these!!!



That concludes my Top 10 Drugstore Products. Hope you gained a little more information from this and will check some of these out! These gems are sure to impress you :)

xoCaroline



No comments:

Post a Comment